Wednesday 21 October 2015

When your husband says no...

Ever since I spotted Jen's amazing Lego storage system over at iheartorganizing I've wanted to do something similar in our playroom.  


I had already purchased some clear drawers for the IKEA trofast system and was waiting until I could make another trip there with my husband so he could do the heavy lifting whilst I watched both of our munchkins. I think I may have perhaps caught him on a bad day as he took one look at the display, raised his eyebrow and exclaimed "you've got to be kidding me! What a piece of cheap, overpriced and nasty crap! Bianca! Can't you see that it's falling apart?!" (There was a profanity thrown in there but I thought that I'd omit that to keep things PG rated). Admittedly the display was looking a little tired and at $79 (for the frame only) I could see his point. Fun Fact: We pay more for IKEA items in Australia than anywhere else in the world. Ok so not such a fun fact.  But  now I'm coming up crickets with what I'm supposed to do with the trofast drawers that I already have. I had planned to get two of the low line 99cm x 56 frames and use one as a Lego table much like this one:

I had also planned to use the other to hold playsets and a dollhouse on top whilst the shallow drawers could be used for figurines etc. I even contemplated pushing them back to back in a coffee table type formation much like the one below and using them for the purposes described above.

Source: houzz.com

So now I guess it's time for plan B. I just need to figure out what plan B actually is.  I'm hoping that that my husbands "no" is a blessing in disguise and that I'll have a major brainwave any day now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Xoxo, Bianca

No comments:

Post a Comment