Sunday 16 August 2015

All about Bianca


Hi y'all. Did I really just write that? I'm not American (although sometimes I wish that I could live over there so I can have unlimited access to Peanut Butter M&Ms) I'm actually an Aussie mum of two gorgeous little munchkins, (yes I am bias) Chloe and Harley. Also, in case you can't tell, I'm a chocoholic - although I much prefer the term Chocolate Connoisseur, it sounds much more fancy (I say this as I'm sitting here writing and wearing my trackie-dacks). I escape my very rewarding job as a part-time single mum (my husband's work is FIFO) working at my local supermarket a few days a week and I love it! Most people I meet are surprised by this but it allows me to have adult-conversations (or gossip sessions) which helps to keep me sane.  Plus my employer is quite flexible and generous when it comes to working hours and family time - family comes first!

My home is under renovation and (as a lover of beautiful and organised things) I'm frustrated that things in that department are not moving as quickly as I would like.  I've become aware that I spend way too much time on Pinterest looking for quick-fix ways to better organise and beautify my surroundings as a way of dealing with the construction eye-sore that is my home. If I'm not doing that you may find me at Target, or Kmart ooh-ing and ahh-ing over all their organising lovelies and knick knack type things that serve no real purpose except to look pretty. Many of these items end up in my shopping trolley and ultimately come home with me. Unfortunately this activity isn't very wallet-friendly and I soon become consumed with guilt. When I've had enough of that I like to rearrange furniture or reorganise all the cupboards in my house to make day to day life easier. My husband thinks that this is a sport for me and when he comes home from work usually has to play guess where Bianca has moved the coffee cups now. It frustrates him to no end. I suppose I'm lucky that he loves me and puts up with "my sport" but then again, I put up with his quirks love him too.

I've decided to start this blog to create a happy place filled with all of my favourite things and a place to brain dump all the crazy projects that I decide to start and more importantly to hold myself accountable to finish them.

So bear with me on this journey, I really have no idea what I'm doing but I aim to get there some day. In the meantime, I'm off to celebrate finishing my first post with some dancing to MJ in the kitchen with my daughter.


xoxo Bianca


No comments:

Post a Comment