Sunday 23 August 2015

The Art of Re-purpose

I hope you all have been having a wonderful week. The weather here in Adelaide is finally starting to take a turn for the better and with it the promise that spring is just around the corner (cue happy dance). With spring almost here, it's time to start thinking about "spring cleaning." Oh who am I kidding? I never think about spring cleaning! But when the weather perks up like this I do get an urge to throw open the windows, crank some music and get my de-cluttering on. I like to have a fresh start after being cooped up all winter and what better way to get said fresh start than...getting rid of stuff! I don't know about you but there's something therapeutic about dropping off a bag or two at the salvos. I also like to go through my belongings and ask myself - how can I utilise this better? I had a couple of eureka moments this past week when I asked myself that exact question.

Ok so first up is a decorative bird cage that I found at Target a few years ago. It is one of those items that I didn't really know what I wanted to use it for but I knew that it would beautify my dressing table in the meantime. So into my trolley it went and has since been living in different areas of my home. I tend to change my mind (a lot) about where I want things to live and how I want to use them. The bird cage was no exception. But now it has a use that I believe that I will stick with.

Drum roll please...



Ta-da! All of my perfumes corralled in one place instead of scattered everywhere. I love it when a plan comes together!

Next up is a plain old magazine holder. They can have many more other uses than simply storing magazines. This week I was trying to come up with a way of organising the items that I need for ironing. Cue the humble old magazine holder.





Here I can store starch, a water jug (not pictured), and a lint roller. The bonus is that I know exactly where they are without hurting my eyes with their ugliness.

And there you have it, my two eureka moments of the week. I love me a good re-purpose and would love to hear your stories on how you've found a new use for something. You can either leave a comment below or drop me an email at justafewfavouritethings@gmail.com

Have a lovely week!

xoxo Bianca












No comments:

Post a Comment