Sunday 6 September 2015

Just checking in...

Hi guys,
I'm just checking in to say that I'll be back next week with a new blog post to share. There's a tummy bug that has been doing the rounds within my family and things haven't been much fun around here. Having said that, I do have a bit of a public service announcement in regards to vomit. Unfortunately, I'm a bit of an expert in that area (a couple of years dealing with seasickness in the RAN followed by enduring morning sickness in both my pregnancies will do that) so I think that I should share what I have learned along the way.

1. Toast is not your friend. (And neither are dry crackers) I say this because no one likes vomiting. However, the experience is much worse when the bread that you have just eaten clumps together and chokes you on the way up. Pasta is a much better alternative as it doesn't do this. Make sure it's plain.

2. Mistake number two that people often make is avoiding food and drink altogether. Bile comes into play if you have an empty stomach and its burn is nasty. Whilst we're on the subject of things that burn - avoid orange juice at all costs. Enough said. You must have something in your stomach so even though you may not feel like eating, at least drink some water. It tastes like nothing and doesn't hurt you on the way up.

3. This one is a no-brainer but avoid milk products. The curdled stuff that comes up is never pleasant.

So there you have my rather disgusting but hopefully helpful advice on how best to deal with vomit. I'll get back to my favourite things next week.

xoxo, Bianca

No comments:

Post a Comment