Monday 28 September 2015

12.5 months in the making...

Part of me is happy :) but the other part of me is peeved :( The happy part of me is doing a happy dance because we finally have carpet installed in our living room! For those of you who don't know, we started the living room in August last year in hopes to get it finished in time to put the Christmas tree up in 2014. No such luck. Fast forward 12.5 months and we finally have carpet in the living room.  Unfortunately the living room is not finished yet but having carpet means that I could start to put our living room furniture back where it belongs rather than in my bedroom. Hooray!


And now for the before so you can all see what I was dealing with...

This is how the previous owners had the room set up

This is how it looked when we moved in 6 years ago (second hand furniture and all)

And this is what I lived with for far too long!

Ok so you've heard about the good part, what about the bad? I'm peeved because we were supposed to get new flooring in the entryway, dining room, kitchen and playroom. We even got as far as ripping up the old flooring in preparation for this but the vinyl layer (when he showed up) put a big hole in that plan by telling us that our floor is unsuitable for the type of flooring that was recommended to us. Not happy Jan. So back to square one. Who knows how long this round of flooring will take!

On a brighter note, we've been able to cross a couple of things of my "Hubby to-do list." I am hoping that we can tackle a few more items this weekend.
  1. Get the Internet for the house!
  2. Brick up holes in front wall
  3. Fix kitchen step
  4. Lounge room lighting
  5. Dining room lighting
  6. Drop cable for outdoor light switch to a more convenient area
  7. Blue board the weatherboard areas ready for render
  8. Get rid of ivy!
  9. Pull down old cornice in entryway
  10. Remove old skirting in entryway
  11. Install new cornice in entryway
  12. Plaster the entryway
  13. Install new skirting board in entryway
  14. Install new front door
  15. Do something about the entryway flooring
  16. Paint entryway
  17. Install bench, hooks and overhead cupboard in entryway to create a mudroom
  18. Paint laundry
  19. Tile laundry floor
  20. Paint interior doors and rehang them
I've also made a start on my list by de-cluttering toys and clothing. At the moment I'm in the middle of transferring my office into the master bedroom so that the office is clear for rennos to begin there too. As I'm so sick of concrete floors, I was ready for this yesterday. In the meantime I have to catch up on my filing - it has gotten out of control. Unfortunately that whilst I have systems in place for all the paper that comes into my house, some things are just not working so I'll have to revisit them and make adjustments accordingly. I've put it off for far too long and this move is the perfect time to begin as I'm starting with a blank slate again.

So how about you guys? Is there anything that you've been putting off for far too long? I'd love to hear your stories.

xoxo, Bianca

2 comments:

  1. Bianca,

    Welcome to the internet! I saw your comment on Jen's blog over at www.iheartorganizing.blogspot.com and thought I'd stop by! Congrats on the new blog.... keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete